Ru-bix is a British manufacturer of tooling board products, specialising in the manufacture of polyurethane, epoxy and advanced hybrid polymers for prototyping and modelling purposes.
Our knowledge base and credentials are second to none, with world-renowned expertise on-tap to deliver innovative, sometimes unique, solutions for organisations that need to be the best in their business.
As a small, dynamic team, we live and breathe everything revolving around the fast, efficient delivery of our products – from consultation, research and innovative chemistry, to bespoke development, design, production, testing, product, customer service and support – all provided from our UK base.
We see ourselves as collaborators, rather than simply suppliers. Our future is dependent on our customers’ exceptional success in using our prototyping products in their various mission-critical processes.
The dynamic new player with an enviable pedigree.
Our Chairman and Technical Director, Dr Barrie Colvin, has been working within the applied thermosets industry for over 50 years. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and has for many years supplied bespoke, isocyanate-based products to diverse markets throughout the world. By successfully combining innovative chemistry and industry know-how, with unparalleled levels of customer service, his highly successful company, IFS Chemicals Ltd, was acquired by Huntsman Polyurethanes in 2017.
The same proven approach is now being taken by Ru-bix Tooling Board, emphasising high quality, innovation and unparalleled levels of customer service. The company aims to provide UK engineers with the best possible products for their challenging environment, cost-effectively turning innovative polymer chemistry into leading-edge products for a host of commercial engineering applications.
In addition to our bespoke development for specific customer projects, our focus is to continue developing and stock-holding a complete range of industry-leading tooling boards for our customers, mindful of advancing technologies and evolving applications. This includes the formulation and manufacture of a large density range in each of the polymer types.
Emphasis will always be placed on quality, with no imperfections and close dimensional tolerances, ensuring that every one of our customers receives a product that is ideally suited to the intended application, delivered rapidly and at a competitive price.
How Ru-bix is different?
We are the only UK tooling board company that has a basic grounding in fundamental polymer science, capable of turning innovative chemistry into leading-edge products for a host of downstream engineering uses.
- Close and reliable collaboration with our customers underpins our successful business strategy.
- Ru-bix is specifically designed to cater for the varying demands of the UK engineering sector with solutions that are technically advanced, cost effective and readily available from our Norfolk manufacturing base.
- The ability to tailor technical requirements to the needs of the customer in order to provide a precise solution for specific projects.
- In many cases each project is unique and deserves a reliable, all-inclusive product and service policy.
- By fully understanding the chemistry of modern polymer materials, particularly interpenetrating networks and hybrid chemical structures, we are able to offer bespoke products to meet specific technical demands.
- In contrast to manufacturers in mainland Europe, we are able to offer an intimate, reliable service from our local UK site.